Are you already planning a trip to the World Championship “Battle of the Nations” – 2018 in Rome? No doubt, it is the brightest event in the HMB world, held in the city, where the active energy and graceful architecture are intertwined. We have prepared some tips that will help you feel comfortable in the capital of Italy and spend an unforgettable weekend!
1. While planning a weekend, book tickets and excursions to popular attractions in advance: especially to the Vatican and the Colosseum. In addition, you can save on transport and admission tickets by buying a Roma Pass tourist card for two or three days. It costs about €39, and you can buy it on the official website or in the tourist centers in Rome. And do not forget about the cash: often restaurants, shops and cafes do not accept credit cards, so make sure you have enough cash for the planned events.
2. Public transport in Rome is available 24/7, so there will be no inconvenience concerning a transfer from the airport, or returning to your hotel after a night walk around the city. As for a taxi, it can be booked at the hotel or caught on a street, but it will be better to call Uber – the trip will cost twice cheaper.
3. Siesta is a national tradition throughout Italy, not only Rome. From 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., many institutions are closed. In fact, there are only street cafes and restaurants are opened. Take this into account while making your walking route for the weekend.
4. Try to walk on foot in Rome: this way you can see all the wonderful memorial places of Rome like Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona Square and the Spanish Steps, feeling the spirit of the Eternal City’s history. And make sure you take a water bottle with you: you can fill it in any fountain in Rome, and in some tourist places, like the Colosseum, for instance, there are special “water faucets”. So, you definitely will not have to buy still drinking water in Rome. Besides, make sure you are going to visit several viewing platforms. In particular, we advise you to get to the Janiculum Hill, from where you can see a wonderful view of the city.
5. Enjoying the weekend in Rome and exciting tournaments at the “Battle of the Nations” – 2018, do not forget that the security situation in Rome is rather ambiguous: beware of pickpockets. Because of the cases of fraud in transport and restaurants, you should be careful.
Yes, we’ve just scared you with crooks and pickpockets, nevertheless, this does not deny the fact Rome is a beautiful city with an amazing local atmosphere. Anyway we are sure the World Championship “Battle of the Nations” will lead all the roads of its fans to Rome this spring!