However, there is one “but”: when you come to Rome, you will understand that everything is quite different. A great deal of tourists are lost in the variety of choice of food and restaurants. Nevertheless, everyone likes Roman cuisine for its extraordinary flavor and simplicity. Despite the imperial genealogy of the city, this is the “cuisine for people”: with the aroma of olive oil, sage, rosemary, cinnamon and mint. Especially for the guests of the IX World Championship “Battle of the Nations”, 2018, we have prepared a list of places where you can enjoy Italian gastronomy to the fullest.
– Le Panier, 8am – 11.30am, Piazza Navona, 80
– La Bottega Del Caffè, 8am-2am, Piazza della Madonna dei Monti 5, Monti
– Necci, 8am-2am, Via Fanfulla da Lodi 68, Pigneto
– Baylon Café, 7am – 2am, Via di S. Francesco a Ripa, 151
– Bucolica, 9am – 3pm, Testaccio Market, Via Beniamino Franklin
– La Casetta, 8am-9pm, Via della Madonna dei Monti 62, Monti
Perhaps, some of the best dishes of the city should be eaten on the go during sightseeing (link), but, at the same time, be perfectly tasty.
– Supplì – rice balls in tomato sauce, stuffed with mozzarella, breaded in breadcrumbs and deep-fried (I Supplì, Via di S. Francesco a Ripa, 137 ??? Supplizio, Via dei Banchi Vecchi, 143).
– Trapizzino – a perfectly cooked slice of pizza with eggplant, parmesan, chicken or any other filling (Trapizzino, Via Giovanni Branca, 88).
– Baccala’ – cod fillet roasted in egg and wrapped in paper cones (Dar Filettaro, Largo dei Librari, 88).
If you skip the traditional Roman pizza with artichokes, which is served in almost every restaurant, but rather refers to fast food, the pasta is still the most popular “high-grade” dish in Italy. All its types can’t be counted: Bolognese, with cheese and black pepper, with mushrooms, with tomato sauce, with pesto sauce, with seafood … and so on. However, the typical Roman pasta is the all-known Pasta alla Carbonara – with bacon, egg and cream sauce. In addition, Italians usually order something from snacks: bruschetta – fresh toasted bread with olive oil and tomatoes, salad caprese, proseciutto with mozzarella or fiori di zucca – zucchini flowers with mozzarella cheese and anchovies in batter.
– I Pizzicaroli, Via della Fossa, 9
– Tonnarello, Via della Paglia 1-2-3
– Cantina e Cucina, Via del Governo Vecchio 87
– MiVa, Via Ezio 23/23a
– La Ciambella, Via dell’Arco della Ciambella, 20
There is nothing more pleasant than spending the evening of a busy day in a cozy cafe with a panoramic view of the city. Tiramisu is the most popular coffee dessert in the world, but only in Rome you can try it in pistachio, banana and strawberry taste in almost any restaurant or cafe (Pompi, Via della Croce, 82). One more pleasure is to enjoy the most delicious ice-cream in the world called gelato (Giolitti, Via Uffici del Vicario, 40).
– Ristoro della Salute, Piazza del Colosseo 2/A
– Ambrosia Restaurant, Via Nazionale 22 | Hotel Artemide
– Trattoria sul Tetto, Via Crescenzio 86
– Baja, Lungotevere Arnaldo da Brescia
– Tiberino, Via di Ponte Quattro Capi 17-18