We are glad to announce the medieval costume contest at the Battle of the Nations 2017 – Barcelona!
You can enjoy the wonderful atmosphere of the medieval centuries even through the marvelous reconstruction of historical costumes.
The world of historical reconstruction hides many secrets behind its passion and love of history. The refinement in the creation of historical clothing is often the main moment for all enthusiasts of this genre.
HMB World Championship “Battle of the Nations” also offers this possibility: the show of a colorful world of elegance and love for the history and traditions of their country.
To participate, follow these simple rules:
1. Participants must be members of the national team involved in the event;
2. Enroll in the contest (male and female categories) providing simple information on their costumes;
3. Send an email to the following address [email protected]
with the following details:
- The participant data (name, surname, date of birth, country, telephone number, email);
– Century of reference of the medieval outfit (the timeframe is up to 50 years – within a geographical area);
– 3 photos of their medieval outfit;
– 3 photos of the historical sources used for the recreation of the costumes and the complete outfits (historical sources must have the full caption with the region, century, museum holding, etc.);
– A short description of their medieval outfit (construction techniques, fabrics, decorations, accessories, etc.)
– Other details that may be useful for the evaluation of the candidate.
A special commission of Authenticity Committee will evaluate all members and provide the confirmation reply with more information about the course of the contest during the event.
Will be accepted enrollments that contain all the required data and demonstrate the correspondence between the historical sources proposed by applicants and the quality of the outfit reconstructed.
The deadline for registration for the contest is: Monday, April 17th.